Saturday, June 6, 2009

Malcolms inner Contradictions (Reflecting on occurences in Act 4, Scene3) - Ella


When will this madness ever end?

Macbeth is causing tragic events in Scotland, and I am here in England, doing nothing. I am everything my father would not want me to be. Macduff came to me today, but I felt as though he could be being disloyal. So I put him through a test. I told him that I am just as bad as Macbeth, and waited for him to say the right answers, answers that would prove him to be loyal to Scotland, and not on Macbeth's side. He passed my test. But then I got to thinking...


What if me becoming king of Scotland changed me to be like Macbeth? I know myself better than anybody else, and no one would believe me if I expressed that concern to them. You see, I simply haven't been given an opportunity to exercise my greed and my lust for power. I know that if I was given that opportunity, I would exercise it just as much as Macbeth does. Power changes people, just as it did to Macbeth. It is a sad thing to think, but I am afraid that if I go back, I would do more damage to Scotland than Macbeth has done.

I don’t know what I should do. We seemed to have agreed to go back and fight Macbeth, to restore peace to Scotland. I just hope that if I become King, I will rule like my father.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8Al4NZArK8

No comments:

Post a Comment